Child Safety Seat Fitting Station
The Berlin Fire Department is now a “by appointment” Child Safety Seat Inspection Station.
Through a partnership with the Vermont Department of Health, Berlin Fire Department now has a Nationally Certified CPS Technician.
The role of a CPS Technician is to assist caregivers in
- Verifying that the style of the seat is correct for the age and size of the child
- The seat is in good condition
- The seat has not been recalled
- The seat is installed facing the proper direction
- The seat is in the correct seating position in the vehicle
- The seat has been installed properly
- The harness is in good condition and used properly